Hearing aids and Eyeglasses

Hearing Aids

To receive hearing aids through VA, you must first register at the health Administration/enrollment section of the VA Medical Center of your choice. The following documents are usually needed at the time of registration: a copy of the Veteran's DD214, driver's license and health insurance (if available). There are several ways to enroll:
•In person at any VA Medical Center or Clinic
•Online by filling out the Form 10-10EZ....
•By mailing completed Form 10-10EZ to the Medical Center of your choice (please be sure to sign your application or it cannot be processed for enrollment)

Once registered (or if already registered), a referral to the Audiology and Speech Pathology Clinic may be requested through your assigned VA Primary Care Provider. The audiologist will complete an evaluation and make a clinical determination on the need for hearing aids and/or other hearing assistive devices. If you are eligible, your hearing aids, repairs, and future batteries will all be at no charge to you. The same is true for eyeglasses. You must be enrolled in the V A Healthcare system. Any questions please call Jim Devlin VSO Stoneham