Recycling & Solid Waste Program
The Stoneham Public Works Solid Waste and Recycling Department is responsible for the collection of residential solid waste (trash) and recyclable materials from the residents of Stoneham.
The specific functions of this Department include:
- Administering the Town’s Solid Waste Collection and Curbside Recycling Collections contracts under which all solid waste and recyclable goods are collected.
- Responding to citizen inquiries and complaints relative to the solid waste program
- Maintaining and staffing the Town’s Stevens Street Recycling Center. A recycling sticker is required.
- Recycling stickers maybe purchased at the Department of Public Works during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Conducting an annual Hazardous Waste Collection Day, through which residents of Stoneham may properly dispose of household quantities of hazardous materials
- Tracking waste trends and calculating and preparing trash bills.
- Do I need a recycling sticker for the Stevens Street Recycling Center?
- How do I obtain a recycling sticker?
- I don't have a recycling bin. What can I use?
- I have some larger/or unusual household items (furniture, appliances, toys, etc.) that need to be picked up, How can I get these picked up?
- My trash/recycling was not picked up today. What should I do?
- What are the hours of the Stevens Street Recycling Center and where is it located?
- What can I put out for recycling pickup?
- When are my recyclables picked up?
- When is my trash pick-up?
- How do I dispose of an appliance?
- How can I dispose of yard waste?
- How can I dispose of paint/paint thinner/household chemicals?
- How can I dispose of fluorescent bulbs?
- How can I dispose of motor oil?
- How can I dispose of propane tanks?
- How can I dispose of tires?