1 bulk item per week less than 50 pounds can be picked up. For example, kitchen chairs, twin mattress/box spring, rugs and mats, one bundle rolled and tied in 3 foot lengths weighing less than 50 pounds. No bulk items 50 pounds or over - i.e. No mattresses/box springs larger than twin size.
Contact the Town’s Trash Hauler, Casella Waste to make arrangements to pick up curbside (fees apply). You can call them at 1-800-950-9293 or visit their website.
White goods (refrigerators, stoves, air conditioners, microwaves, miscellaneous metal, etc.) are not accepted curbside. Those items may be disposed of at Stevens Street Recycling Center - A sticker for the vehicle and fees apply (permit required prior to being dropped off). Contact the DPW at 781-438-0760 Monday through Friday, 7:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M., for further information.
Not Accepted in Trash but Can Be Dropped off at Stevens Street
A vehicle sticker is required to drop off the following:
- Cardboard larger than 4 feet by 4 feet
- Rigid Plastics (lawn chairs, children’s toys, small plastic buckets, etc.)
- Leaves, yard waste, grass clippings, brush, etc.
- Fluorescent lamps, ballasts, nickle-cadium and button batteries (permit required prior to being dropped off)
- Televisions and monitors, hard-drives/towers, printers/copiers, word processors, etc. (permit & fees apply)